Public School Vacation Week Happenings
Monday, February 19
- The Library is closed in honor of President’s Day
Tuesday, February 20
- Paws to Read with Tessie at 11:00 a.m. Sign up to read to our favorite labradoodle therapy dog, Tessie and her owner/trainer Pat Fleming. Designed for children in grades K - 3; pre-registration is required. This event is full.
- Harry Potter event at 2:00 p.m. Be a wizard for a day! Step into the wizarding world of Harry Potter and select a wand, get sorted into a Hogwarts House, attend a charms class and create your own Patronus to fight Dementors. Designed for children ages 7 - 12; pre-registration is required. This event is full.
Wednesday, February 21
- Tinker from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Drop-in for a time of open-ended exploring and creating using the objects and materials of our everyday lives. All ages welcome; no registration necessary.
- Tech Take Apart at 2:00 p.m. Ever curious about what the inside of technology looks like? Come explore the inner workings of everyday office and household items. Designed for children age 7 - 12; pre-registration is requested. Donations welcome! Please see librarian for guidelines.
Thursday, February 22
- Circus Up Aerialists at 1:30 p.m. (in the Recreation Dept. Gymnasium) Interested in circus performing? Come and meet Leah Abel & Molly Baechtold of Circus Up, and try your hand (and feet) at low stilts, juggling scarves, spinning plates and even aerial silks! Then be treated to their amazing acrobatics as they present solo and combination acts that will thrill and delight. All ages welcome; no registration necessary.
Friday, February 23
- Virginia Lee Burton Story and Craft at 11:00 a.m. Come listen to stories, learn about the creative work of local children's author, illustrator and designer Virginia Lee Burton and make your own design into a print! Designed for children ages pre-school and up; no registration necessary.
Saturday, February 24
- The Family Treehouse at 10:30 a.m. Share stories and visit play stations around the theme of winter sports. Designed for families with children ages birth through 8 years; please pre-register online at www.EarlyChildhoodPartners.weebly.com
Boston Bruins Pajama Drive! Donate Here February 1 through March 15, 2018.
See flyer in children's room for details.